Hours Per Week: 40-50 hours per week Travel: 50%
Job Title: Service Technician
Reports to: COO
Type of Position: Full-time
Base pay encompasses the following duties, including off-site travel
● Follow Quality Assurance systems and procedures for post-production inspection and validation of equipment
● Establish service standards by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing
installation; performing acceptance tests.
● Assist with assembly and testing of new equipment using wiring schematics and assembly drawings.
● Assist with assembly and testing of equipment prototypes as directed.
● Maintain calendar of and implement schedule for preventative maintenance/service agreements
● Provide feedback and recommendations to Executive Team, as well as any appropriate department managers on quality issues
Customer Service & Sales
● Support Sales Department: Answer customer inquiries, Relay pricing/quote requests to Sales
● Perform equipment demonstration and training
● Serve existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning weekly travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests
and equipment troubleshooting; resolving problems and performing repairs/adjustments.
● Travel to customer sites to diagnose equipment problems, repair product, and perform preventative maintenance services.
● Contact customers to schedule service and inquire about product satisfaction
● Install and/or relocate equipment at customer sites as required.
● Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
● Provide product feedback and customer suggestion to R&D personnel.
● Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
Professionalism & Growth
● Regularly update technical knowledge and skills.
● Problem-solve independently and/or through collaboration with other staff to meet company goals.
● Perform all job duties in a manner that will enable projects to be delivered on-time, within budget, and with the appropriate level
of quality to meet the required specifications.
● Constantly strive to improve systems efficiency in all aspects of position.
● Associates degree or higher in a technical degree.
● Ability to read schematics, mechanical drawings and assembly drawings.
● Effective skills at troubleshooting electrical, software, pneumatic, and mechanical failures.
● Equipment Maintenance, Communication & Reporting Skills, Quality Focus, Results Driven, Customer Service Oriented, Effective Time Management, Organized, Technical Product Knowledge, Strong Presentation Skills, Building and Maintaining Client Relationships
Physical Demands & Requirements
● Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
● Lifting and carrying of supplies, files, and product (up to 80 lbs.), etc.
● Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or other employees via phone or in person.
● Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another
● Stamina to work irregular hours or long hours when necessary
● Ability to travel both domestically and internationally: current passport, no legal restrictions, able to rent a car, able to fly in a plane