Manually capping and decapping tubes is tedious and time-consuming work. It’s also a significant drain on precious staffing hours that could be used for more important tasks. To make matters worse, currently available automated capping/decapping solutions are costly and inflexible for most production environments, requiring expensive pre-racked tubes to operate and most have limited adaptability for refitting to new applications.
That’s why Scinomix today unveiled RapidCAP2, a budget-friendly capping/decapping solution that is fully compatible with inexpensively priced bulk 0.5ml to 2.0ml cryovials. Scinomix engineers designed RapidCAP2 specifically for lab managers working in production environments who have previously relied on premium-priced pre-racked tubes or inflexible single-task capping systems that are notoriously difficult to adapt to new applications. RapidCAP2 is a huge leap forward for capping and decapping speed, clocked at just 4.75 seconds per tube, making RapidCAP2 much faster than alternative machines and attractive for fast-paced applications. Loaded with features that are built for speed, convenience, and efficiency, the RapidCAP2 is a huge time saver for production environments and significantly reduces costs of consumables for daily production.
Nigel Malterer, president of Scinomix, has served the lab automation market since 2001 by listening closely to unmet needs in the marketplace, gathering feedback from clients and partners, and innovating convenient, budget-friendly equipment for tube and plate handling applications. Remarked Malterer, “We think the RapidCAP2 is a really attractive opportunity for lab managers to reduce the cost of their consumables and improve the efficiency of their labs. We’re pleased with the assortment of features built into RapidCAP2 to help labs get up and running quickly and with little training required.”
As lab managers have so much to get done in the lab, Scinomix engineers developed features within the RapidCAP2 to prevent endless busywork attending to the device. That’s why we created the cap hopper to hold up to 1,000 caps, or two bags, to minimize the interruption of having to keep dumping caps into the hopper. Just fill it and walk away.
Lab managers today are exposed to increased risk and liability from incorrect vial handling. To reduce the risk of human error for color-coded samples, RapidCAP2 offers a helpful color sensor and detection system that prevents the wrong cap color (which may represent a specific sample) from being capped accidentally on a vial. This also saves valuable time by eliminating the need to go back and fix avoidable errors.
Nobody has time to learn new, complicated systems. The RapidCAP2 software is simple, user-friendly, and does not require a dedicated computer with specialty software. We believe lab equipment should fit into existing lab infrastructure with little or minimal effort. That’s why RapidCAP2 comes ready to go and requires little configuration. What’s more, its helpful touch screen software makes operation fast, convenient, and reliable, so end users can spend their time on more important tasks and not with technical staff.
The system is factory configured to the user’s specific needs, which allows for minimal setup time at the user’s facility. Plus, RapidCAP2 is designed using modular components to make servicing quicker and easier which minimizes production downtime.
- Caps and de-caps 0.5 ml to 2 ml cryovials
- Fast cycle times: Capping and de-capping tube throughput is 4.75 seconds per tube
- Factory configured system comes ready to go and configured to user’s needs
- Can process any cap color
- Dimensions: 22” W x 19” D x 22” H, 90 lbs.
- Cap color sensor/detection adds extra layer of QC
- Small, bench-top device to free up valuable space in the lab
- Designed using modular components to make servicing quick and easier which minimizes production down time
- Fits 2 SBS on deck plate, or Scinoimx can custom manufacture rack adapters
- Integratable into third-party automation
- User-friendly touch screen software makes operation simple
- Does not require dedicated computer with specialty software
- Touchscreen shows visual graphic of tubes being uncapped/capped
- User can select specific tubes/racks to be uncapped/recapped
- Provides time savings in the lab
- Reduces repetitive injuries from capping and de-capping tubes
- Allows user to purchase cheaper tubes in bulk rather than expensive pre-racked tubes
Scinomix provides comprehensive, ready-to-go laboratory automation solutions. Scinomix was founded in 2001 by industry veteran Nigel Malterer (President) with a clear goal of continuous innovation of lab automation technology. Our tube and plate labeling systems have been successfully implemented in more than 200 labs worldwide, which has earned Scinomix a longstanding reputation for dedication to client service and satisfaction.