The Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) is having their annual International Conference and Exhibition in San Diego, CA this month! We always look forward to this show as it gives us an opportunity to network with partners and lab users. Every year, we attend this conference knowing that we will connect with professionals from around the world. We get the chance to meet and talk to people who are passionate about technology for life sciences and interested in ways for scientific advancement.
This conference is attended by a variety of individuals who represent all facets of industry, government and academia. It’s a wealth of knowledge, insights, idea exchange and feedback from engineers, tech providers, researchers and related industry professionals! We treat this as a unique chance to learn about the challenges faced in the lab and how we can provide robust, long term solutions. Collaborating with the attendees of this conference gives us the ability to stay up-to-date with what is going on in the field, introduce and receive feedback on our solutions, and build connections with professionals who have similar interests. SLAS provides all attendees and exhibitors with a large selection of information and innovation!
Check out other testimonials here: https://slas.org/our-members/
Want to know more? We think the SLAS Mission Statements are a great place to start.
SLAS is a global organization that exists to provide forums for education and information exchange to encourage the study of, and improve the science and practice of, laboratory automation and screening.
- Biomolecular Sciences Section
To advance SLAS’s exempt purposes with respect to the science and technology of drug discovery and the use and development of biomolecular screening technology.
- Laboratory Automation Section
To advance SLAS’s exempt purpose by furthering science and education related to laboratory automation, and in particular by encouraging and advancing the study and improving the practice of laboratory automation.
More information can be found on their website: https://slas.org/about/who-we-are/
We hope to see you there. We’re excited to introduce new offerings in 2020!
- Universal Gripper: The patent pending Universal Gripper is an upgrade to our existing VX2 and VXL tube handlers. It is targeted specifically for labs working with a variety of different tube diameters. The new gripper allows the user to easily change between tube types (ranging from Matrix-style tubes to 50 mL) without changing any hardware. This new design was driven by customer feedback and saves valuable time in the lab!
- RapidCAP2: The RapidCAP2 is a fully – automated capping and de-capping system for tubes ranging from 0.5 mL to 2 mL. The user-friendly touch screen allows for quick rack configuration. Easy to set up and provides significant time savings! Stop by our booth to see it in action!
- AQ: *IN DEVELOPMENT*. The AQ is a modular add-on to the VXL tube handling system. This pairing allows users to utilize the labeling and worklist features that already exist while incorporating aliquoting/pipetting functionality. One configuration example is dispensing from a 15 mL parent tube into multiple daughter tubes while requiring both tubes are capped during the liquid distribution and tube labeling. Stop by our booth to check out entire functionality and applications!