Apply for this position here
Job Title: Machinist- Second Shift
Reports to: Production Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
● Produces machined parts by setting up and operating computer numerical controlled (CNC) and manual machining
● Assists with planning machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials and
● Assists with updating and maintaining machining lists to assure timely manufacturing of parts.
● Assists with maintaining stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed
stock; notifying Machine Shop Lead of stock needs; verifying receipt of stock.
● Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
● Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
● Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing
needs. Reaching out to Machine Shop Lead for assistance where needed.
● Maintains setup sheets, notes, and fixtures to assure repeatable manufacturing of CNC parts.
● Writes, tests and updates G-code programs for machine parts using MasterCam for SolidWorks.
● Organizes and maintains G-code files and file structure.
● Works with production manager and engineering to ensure parts and drawings are produced to the current revision
New Product Development
● Fabricates prototype parts as directed.
● Tests for fit and function of prototype assemblies.
● Recommends changes to design to allow for machinability and function.
● Creates or updates part drawings to meet machine shop requirements.
● Performs or schedules service on machine shop equipment.
● Maintains clean, clutter-free workshop.
● Cleans, lubricates, and performs preventive maintenance on machine shop equipment.
● Maintains and as necessary purchases hand-tools.
● Maintains tooling inventory. Sharpens or replaces worn tooling as necessary.
● Checks fit, function, tolerances and run-out of in-house and outsourced machined parts to assure quality.
● Follows all systems and processes used for tracking testing, results, inventory, and non-compliance.
● Assists with the disposition of non-conforming parts and material
● Checks and adjusts cutter compensation of tooling to assure accuracy of machined parts.
● Performs all job duties in a manner that will enable projects to be delivered on-time, within budget, and with the appropriate
level of quality to meet the required specifications.
● Constantly strives to improve systems efficiency in all aspects of position.
● Assists bnv with inspection of parts leaving the machine shop
● Assists with development of processes to improve quality and ensure consistent results
● Regularly updates technical knowledge and skills through professional training or self improvement.
● Problem-solves through collaboration with other staff, and individually, to meet company goals.
● Continually improves efficiency, productivity and repeatability by identifying better ways to nest and fixture parts