At Scinomix we understand that work and people make or break the experience. That is why we strive to make our employees and our culture a priority. Scinomix, Inc. was founded in 2001, and is now in over 27 countries with employees headquartered in Earth City, MO. We work hard to maintain our small business mindset as we grow our revenue into the large business world. We are a growing company that makes a point to offer the best benefits we can while moving forward in our industry. Our elite benefit package includes 100% paid benefits for our employees, a Flexible Paid Time Off (FPTO) plan, the flexibility that a post-pandemic world demands and an exciting work environment that provides opportunities for our employees to learn and grow. We believe in being the leading provider of laboratory automation systems to customers in the Life Science Industry and we can’t continue doing that without new rising talent. Join our team and help provide innovative solutions, a commitment to quality, reliability, value and customer service!
We are looking for an electrical engineer to supplement our current team. This person needs to be driven and enjoy nailing the details in their work. This includes troubleshooting issues discovered during manufacturing and in the field, finalizing new designs and taking them all the way through production, improving current designs and putting processes in place to future proof them. This person needs to be able to design and troubleshoot PCBs, spec motors, create and improve wire harness designs, design and help execute testing, and shepherd first articles all the way to full production.
The Electrical Engineer designs electrical systems by developing and testing components, ensuring that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Create, test and oversee the building of electrical equipment. This could include motors, communication systems and more. Understands the materials and methods normally used within the assigned discipline. Responsible for design development and transition to production of aesthetically-pleasing, innovative, cost-effective and reproducible designs of electrical components for lab automation equipment. This includes prototyping new designs as well as testing design changes to existing product line. Support of the drawings, produce Bill of Material and data sheets. Responsible for effective interdepartmental communication and adherence to procedures. Collaborate and work with a variety of colleagues across project teams to make sure quality devices are delivered on time and within budget. Look for new ways to make devices more energy efficient or innovative.
- Applies standard design principles and theories to complete assignments. Utilizes technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings. Reads and understands orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- Makes required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor
- Apply internal project management strategies and adhere to deadlines
- Participate in developing project plans, test plans, and writing test reports; assist with creating, maintaining, and revising product project plans and effectively communicate project deadlines
- Devise testing methods and properties to confirm the functionality of electrical components and systems
- Create product documentation: solid modeling of components and assemblies, technical drawings, BOM’s, etc
- Communicate engineering information across teams and departments to facilitate successful completion of large-scale projects
- Create and maintain wiring schematics and board layouts for new R7D as well as legacy product
- Work with Executive Team to improve general business practices and create efficient (leaner) workflow
- Generate wire schematics and necessary assembly documentation for production
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar field (or equivalent) is preferred, as well as 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Product design experience required.
- Electrical or controls experience required
- Experience working with multiple disciplines, including mechanical design, layout, manufacturing, external suppliers and service providers
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, and policies