Apply for this position here
Assembly Technician Job Description
Job Title: Assembly Technician Department: Production
Reports to: Production Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours per Week: Average of 40 hours per week
The job of an Assembly Technician, also known as an assembler, is to put together or repair products manually or using a machine. As an assembly technician, your responsibilities include piecing together the product, often with a team, and performing quality assurance on the entire process. Base pay encompasses the following duties:
- Assemble and test new equipment using assembly drawings.
- Update or mark-up assembly procedures and provide feedback on needed changes to supervisor.
- Assist with component fabrication as necessary.
- Assist with inventory of all parts by following internal systems for stocking, organizing and depleting, as well as assisting in regularly scheduled counting. Complete purchase requisitions as needed.
- Maintain warehouse and storage areas.
- Receive and send shipments: working with shippers to load/unload, notifying appropriate personnel, unpacking and putting into inventory, filing shipping papers and pack lists.
- Assist with order fulfillment utilizing travellers and/or verbal requests from management.
- Perform and document quality control testing on newly manufactured equipment and repaired equipment.
- Assemble and test equipment prototypes as directed.
- Recommend mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical revisions to improve functionality and reduce assembly requirements.
- Update or mark-up recommended design changes on mechanical drawings, assembly drawings and schematics and provide feedback to supervisor.
- Regularly update technical knowledge and skills.
- Problem-solve independently and/or through collaboration with other staff to meet company goals.
- Perform all job duties in a manner that will enable projects to be delivered on-time, within budget, and with the appropriate level of quality to meet the required specifications.
- Constantly strive to improve systems efficiency in all aspects of position.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read schematics, mechanical drawings and assembly drawings.
- Basic skills at troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical failures.
- Basic skills for parts fabrication.