Scinomix looks for experienced professionals who are innovative and ambitious. Outstanding people are critical to our mission of providing high quality solutions to our customers. We take pride in employing a workforce that has great teamwork and work ethic. Our goal is to continually look for candidates that are willing to put our customers first, that take the initiative to improve our product and our process, and are creative in finding solutions. For more information, please email email@example.com
Job Title: Assembly Technician Department: Production
Reports to: Production Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours per Week: Average of 40 hours per week
The job of an Assembly Technician, also known as an assembler, is to put together or repair products manually or using a machine. As an assembly technician, your responsibilities include piecing together the product, often with a team, and performing quality assurance on the entire process. Base pay encompasses the following duties:
- Assemble and test new equipment using assembly drawings.
- Update or mark-up assembly procedures and provide feedback on needed changes to supervisor.
- Assist with component fabrication as necessary.
- Assist with inventory of all parts by following internal systems for stocking, organizing and depleting, as well as assisting in regularly scheduled counting. Complete purchase requisitions as needed.
- Maintain warehouse and storage areas.
- Receive and send shipments: working with shippers to load/unload, notifying appropriate personnel, unpacking and putting into inventory, filing shipping papers and pack lists.
- Assist with order fulfillment utilizing travellers and/or verbal requests from management.
- Perform and document quality control testing on newly manufactured equipment and repaired equipment.
- Assemble and test equipment prototypes as directed.
- Recommend mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical revisions to improve functionality and reduce assembly requirements.
- Update or mark-up recommended design changes on mechanical drawings, assembly drawings and schematics and provide feedback to supervisor.
- Regularly update technical knowledge and skills.
- Problem-solve independently and/or through collaboration with other staff to meet company goals.
- Perform all job duties in a manner that will enable projects to be delivered on-time, within budget, and with the appropriate level of quality to meet the required specifications.
- Constantly strive to improve systems efficiency in all aspects of position.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read schematics, mechanical drawings and assembly drawings.
- Basic skills at troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical failures.
- Basic skills for parts fabrication.